Principal Compliance Risk Coordinator (Richmond VA)
Job Location: Richmond, VA
The Business Risk Office is seeking a Controls Monitoring Coordinator who is well versed in compliance, risk management, and banking regulations. This role will execute controls testing for regulatory and non-regulatory compliance and will assist the business in remediation of control gaps. The candidate should have an understanding of commercial banking, credit, underwriting, portfolio management and associated operational systems.
- Provide compliance & risk management consultation to lines of businesses and staff groups on the requirements of applicable regulations, assisting with control related questions, and serving as a liaison between the business line and Corporate Compliance.
- Conduct business line controls testing/monitoring for Commercial Banking
- Manage multiple tasks independently to meet deadlines
- Preparing workpapers, drafting reports, and reaching meaningful conclusions on control operating effectiveness
- Enter results and update system of record
- Analysis and communication of results to business line
- Maintain an awareness of current market place issues and stay up-to-date with emerging regulatory requirements
- Support the issue management process to ensure all issues owned by the Business Risk Office, or compliance/regulatory issues identified by the business, compliance or regulators are adequately tracked to resolution.
- Partner with the Business Risk Management team in ongoing enhancements to the various tools and systems used by the organization
- Assist in compliance and risk management special projects.
-A HS Diploma, GED or equivalent certification experience or Military experience.
-A bachelors degree, equivalent work experience or Military experience.
-2 Years of Regulatory, Compliance, or Operational Risk Experience.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Business and Commercial Banking
Primary Location United States-Virginia-Richmond