Senior Manager Card Partnerships Kellogg School of Management Northwestern University
Job Location: Chicago, IL
What is Capital One?
Capital One is not your typical bank. We were founded in 1994, with the big idea of using analytics to provide customized financial products to consumers.
But we didn’t stop there. Capital One is now a diversified bank that offers an array of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients.
Ranked #127 on the FORTUNE 500, Capital One has one of the most widely recognized brands in America and is one of the nation’s 10 largest banks based on deposits.
We've been named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For, and we’re looking for the very best campus talent to keep Capital One on the cutting edge.
As a Senior Manager, Card Partnerships at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to help drive a business and build strong relationships with our Partners. Our partners are other organizations that rely on us to develop and grow a branded credit card program that will support and grow the partner’s business. You will be a part of and lead a team with world-class professionals to develop, test and implement strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you'll do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic thought leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory behavior
- Team leadership: Manage and develop a team of professionals. Coach and mentor associates throughout the organization with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Relationship management: Develop strong relationships with our partners and influence them to reach mutually beneficial outcomes to our joint business problems
- Marketing: Lead marketing efforts for select partner products. Build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go-to-market strategies
- Execution: Coordinate across the lines of business to manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the strategy agreed upon with the partner. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently.
- Credit Risk: Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior
- Current student of Kellogg School of Management - Northwestern University
- Will obtain a Masters of Business Administration between December 2013 and August 2014
- At least 1 year of experience in people management
- At least 1 year of experience in project management
- Working toward or currently hold one of the following: Project Management Professional (PMP), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Certified Public Account (CPA) license/certification
- Bachelors Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, Engineering)
- 5 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- 2 years of experience in people management
- 2 years of experience in product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job Quantitative Analytics
Primary Location United States-Illinois-Chicago-Chicago Area-West Wacker (35012)