BRANCH MANAGER I Queens Village NY
Job Location: Queens Village, NY
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, is one of the largest, most analytically sophisticated Financial Services providers in the world. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
Capital One is seeking a multi-faceted leader with excellent business acumen to build an efficient sales team that consistently delivers exceptional customer service to a particular market. As a Branch Manager, you will demonstrate a wide range of skills and serve as the face of Capital One in your branch’s local community. You will develop and implement retail banking strategies, as well as establish and execute strategic planning goals. The Branch Manager is responsible for overseeing daily operations, sales metrics, and ultimately driving the success of the branch.
- Champion a customer centric culture and own service level and operational excellence for the branch
- Implement the region’s human resource strategy, while cultivating a solid team through consistent coaching and guidance
- Oversee sales, service, credit controls, financial and compliance standards, and operational performance of the branch
- Directly manage platform staff, including career development, performance management and recognition
- Manage day-to-day sales efforts in the branch, including frequent, active GROWTH coaching of Relationship Bankers
- Deliver on sales volumes and revenue targets in branch as agreed with District Manager
- Service and sell to clients via escalations or complex sales referred by the relationship bankers, and participate in sales calls with Small business and commercial partners
- Develop and maintain profitable partnerships with other lines of business, such as Human Resources, Branch Business Managers, Assistant Branch Managers, Relationship Bankers, etc.
- Demonstrate company values – “Excellence” and “Do the Right Thing”, while supporting branch-based change management efforts
- In de novo markets, make additional efforts to generate branch traffic
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification or military experience
- 1 year of Banking or Sales experience
- 1 year of Management or Supervisory experience
Requires successful registration with, and issuance of a unique identification number from, the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act).
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
Job Retail Banking
Primary Location United States-New York-Queens Village
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time