Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. As one of the nation’s top 10 banks, we offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
The Capital One Enterprise Social Team is seeking a creative, dynamic, and high-performing Director of Social Media Business Intelligence.
The Enterprise Social Team is working at the forefront of digital and social media technologies to further the impact that these critical tools have on Capital One’s business operations and customer experiences. The Director of Social Media Business Intelligence (BI) will define Capital One’s broader social valuation strategies while defining new, creative ways to leverage social data to drive business decisions. This individual will lead an effort to build and implement a social business intelligence program, with the goal of supporting cross-enterprise awareness of social opportunities through strong data, reporting, and insight.
The Director of BI will drive the strategic use of meaningful, actionable social data insight to an enterprise-wide, cross-LOB stakeholder base. As a leader of Capital One’s social strategy, this individual will interface directly with officers throughout Capital One’s operations and business units, with the explicit objective of helping to accelerate the firm’s understanding and use of rich social media data.
Applicants for this position must possess a strong passion and strategic understanding of social media technologies, uses, and best practices (e.g.- blogs, forums, consumer review sites, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Foursquare, etc.). They must also have prior demonstrated success in business analysis, data mining, and attribution modeling. Additionally, applications should have experience with social, display, and search campaign measurement.
The role is based in Washington, D.C. and will require periodic travel to Capital One’s office locations in Virginia and sites across the country.
• Create scalable measurement frameworks that leverage social .api data and drive insight into the users and activities that take place on social platforms.
• Create ROI models for the various product, brand, customer service, and communication activities that are being used by Capital One.
• Build and support the integration of social data into the Capital One data warehouse including the maintenance of an unassailable accessibility, storage, and governance model.
• Actively define and complete complex data pulls (query development and execution) and statistical analysis.
• Research, define, and pilot new data research and test/control programs that create opportunistic insight for Captial One product, brand, and communications teams.
• Define new business opportunities that optimize Capital One’s owned, earned, and paid presence on social media.
• Define opportunistic social analytics integration points and actively drive adoption of social data into existing LOB operations.
• Create and deliver targeted stakeholder dashboards and data visualization models that surface key observations, learnings, and recommendations taken from the efforts of Capital One and competitors on social platforms.
• Foster internal internal relationships with key LOB and enterprise stakeholders and serve as liaison for social media BI efforts.
• Lead a high-caliber team of 4-6 business analysts to support the social business intelligence strategy.
• Handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
• Manage vendor relationships and contracts for all social analytics tools.
• Serve as driven, supportive, and compassionate leader on the Enterprise Social Team.