· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
or substituted with 5+ years of relevant IT/Quality experience
· 2+ years’ experience in testing with a firm understanding of functional end-to-end testing, system testing, batch processing, user acceptance testing, and regression
· 2+ years’ experience with various project management methodologies, including Agile methodologies and supporting techniques (e.g. Test Driven Development and continuous integration processes), packaged system implementations, and traditional specification-driven approaches
· 2+ years’ experience business processes and related systems supporting either Credit Card, Commercial Bank, Retail Bank, or Finance industries
· 2+ years’ extensive experience in quality tools (ALM, QC, Selenium, QTP, Automation Suites)
Commercial Bank testing in one of the following areas:
- Credit Risk
- Credit Path
- Loan Servicing
- Wealth and Asset Management
- Payments (ACH, Wires, FX, etc.)
- Online Banking & Information Reporting
· 5+ years experience performing Quality Assurance functions with demonstrated experience in Software Development Lifecycle quality deliver with direct leadership experience.
· Ability to share and communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to staff, business sponsors, managers, and technical resources in clear concise language that is appropriate to the target audience
· Experience in SQL, UNIX, Mainframe, DB2, SAS, Cobol, Java, Selenium, .NET, VB, XML, HTML, Oracle, MS Access, Windows, Mobile/Digital Solutions, etc.
· Experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with IT issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure project deliverables on time and within budget.
· Experience with a variety of test tools and software testing practices, including developing, implementing, maintaining and managing manual/automated testing systems and environments
· Experience assessing risk for determining appropriate levels of testing
· Strong collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills
· Ability to handle multiple large projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team. Experience working with geographically distributed teams, including offshore
· Maintaining strong vendor relationships while challenging the vendors to meet commitments.
· Experience using automated testing tools
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.