Director, Social Media Marketing
Are you a strategic leader with experience leading a strong team driving social media marketing for big brands? Are you looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level?
Brand Directors at Capital One generate powerful, differentiated marketing plans that achieve material business results. Our Directors work with cross-functional teams to gain solid understanding of market forces and consumer needs, develop and test new concepts, and build support for them through formal and informal channels. Strong relationships and ongoing communication with senior executives are critical to achieving results.
Brand Directors thrive on serving in a consultative role, where outcomes are achieved by generating ideas and creatively selling them to key advocates and team members—resulting in successful rollout, smooth management, and continual improvement. As a Director in brand it is important to balance creativity with analysis, be collaborative yet personally accountable, and balance discipline with flexibility. Our Directors thrive in an environment that, while large and structured, encourages and supports game-changing, entrepreneurial ideas.
As Director, Social Media Marketing you will break new ground for one of the most innovative,
challenger brands in North America. This is a chance to take Capital One’s social media
strategy to the next level and leverage the unique, authentic personality and humor of the
brand to reach and engage our customers in emerging channels. Join a company recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work for.”
- Own the brand’s voice, content marketing, publishing and moderation execution across Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn etc.
- Partner with social strategy to develop compelling social content that delivers on our brand vision and standards
- Oversee the paid media strategy and planning across our owned social media platforms
- Lead the integration of our marketing communications efforts into social media
- Oversee the creative marketing process, including day-to-day management of internal creative partners, agencies and budget
- Define the social media customer experience and ensure that it meets the needs of our targets and lives up to our Brand promise
- Drive a test and learn innovation program to ensure we are early to market on new digital marketing platforms and or new opportunities on existing platforms
- Assess effectiveness of social marketing initiatives and investments; influence investment decision makers with formal recommendations and informal networking
- Manage a team of 3-5 direct reports
- Keep abreast of market forces and trends to identify potential challenges and opportunities in the short and long term
- Work closely with market research team on customer, competitive, and industry tracking as it relates to marketing strategy; Use research tools to guide idea or concept evolution, and ensure that market research derives actionable insights
- In addition to a team of direct reports, lead cross-functional teams and manage input from stakeholders, including Marketing & Analysis (P&L owners), Creative Development, Operations, Legal, PR etc.